Monday, June 06, 2005

Little fun with Google Maps

Well, ever since Google integrated satellite imagery into their maps, people have been looking around for intersting locations. A whole new concept of Google maps based site-seeing came up.

When I first posted about the satellite images, the earliest locations I checked apart from my apartment, were Niagara, Hoover dam, grand canyon etc. I also tried military bases and area 51 :). Now, most of these places were blurred out as per security requirements. But we are all human and ever so often we make mistakes.

For example, one dude just forwarded this link to me. So is that a stealth bomber sitting nicely in the compound...? I wonder... :)

2 Comments:

At June 06, 2005 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha. Nice one. Same here, I have been touring the US using the satellite images. I know its dorky! and is not a substitute either. Its just fun :-)

 
At June 07, 2005 12:03 PM, Blogger vj said...

:)) nice...re-define threat and insecurity ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home