Thursday, April 28, 2005

This car is f#$@ing awesome...

Alright, I haven't been this excited making a post in a while. I'm talking about a car called the Atom 2 developed by a small British firm called Ariel Motors.

Read this - It picks up its engine from a Honda Civic R, and generates a powerful 300 bhp - best part is - the Atom weighs a little over 500 kgs - So you get almost 600 bhp/tonne - hahaha.. Sorry can't help it. When I first heard that, it had me rolling on the floor. There's more - it does 0-60 in 2.9 secs :D

Its a piece of engineering brilliance. And get this - I wasn't kidding when I called Ariel Motors a small firm - they have just 7 employees - simply brilliant.

In Tom Keating's words, this is as close to a street-legal Formula 1 car you can get.

Top Gear did a feature on the Atom 2 recently. Here is a link to the video - you are going to love this.

1 Comments:

At April 28, 2005 2:19 PM, Blogger Unforgiven said...

Check out the table of Top Gear Power Laps - and pay special attention to the price column - here is the link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home